- Alpha Acid 4.5 - 6.5%
- Beta Acid 3 - 4.5%
- Co-humulone 28 - 32%
- Total Oil 0.6 - 1.6 mL/100g
- B-Pinene 0.3 - 0.5% of total oil
- Myrcene 22 - 32% of total oil
- Linalool 0.4 - 0.7% of total oil
- Caryophyllene 12 - 14% of total oil
- Farnesene 7 - 10% of total oil
- Humulene 31 - 35% of total oil
- Geraniol 0.1 - 0.3% of total oil
- Choose the location in which you want to plant your hops. The area you choose will need to get at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight every day and have good drainage.
- Twine for the hops to grow on. (A bine is a climbing plant that climbs by its shoots. It is distinct from a vine, which climbs using tendrils or suckers.)
- Vertical space. The bines may stretch 25 feet or longer into the air. Possible ways to grow your hops are on a tall trellis near your house, or a tall pole using hop twine.
- Planted hops will grow well on an 18-foot trellis and can grow vigorously when limited to 12 - 15 feet of a trellis.
- Prepare soil to be loose and free from large clumps. Remove any debris, such as stones and weeds. Remove all weeds near the root to prevent the weeds from returning. Fertilize the soil with bone meal or blood meal and make sure the soil is loose and worked at a depth of 12 inches or more.
- Create a mound of soil for each rhizome that you will be planting, about 3 feet apart so they have plenty of room to grow.
- If you plan to grow more than one variety of hops, plant the mixed varieties at least 5 feet apart.
- Dig a 4-inch hole in each mound and lay the rhizome into the hole horizontally, with the root side down.
- Loosely pack the soil down over the plant and cover with straw or mulch to prevent weed growth. Keep the soil consistently moist until the vines begin to sprout.
- Rhizomes will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- We cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order. Rhizomes are not available for international shipping.
- WA, OR and ID residents please check local restrictions.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI or AK.
- Due to government restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes internationally.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
The rhizomes arrived in good shape and looked healthy. These were a good value. Brewing beer with your own home grown hops is very satisfying. And they add a great freshness to your beer.
I purchased three different varieties of Hops to try out this year and this is one of them. I literally just planted these 6 days ago and it appears that all is going well so far. I noticed some little green growth coming from the soil and I'm amazed at how quickly these have come up. I'm looking forward to see how things go this year! Cheers!