Quick Beer Carbonation Method Using a 5 Gallon Corny Keg System:
Note: Soak keg w/ 5 gallons of water and 1 cup baking soda overnight to deodorize. Do not use bleach in stainless steel kegs!
- Step 1: Clean And Sanitize Keg.
- Step 2: Purge keg with CO2 by attaching your gray gas fitting and filling with 5 PSI for 10 seconds
- Step 3: Siphon homebrew into keg, attach lid, and add enough pressure to force lid in place
- Step 4: Chill keg of beer below 40ºF
- Step 5: Attach Gray gas fitting with 30PSI, shake keg for the count of 100 (About 2 Minutes)
- Step 6: Allow keg to sit for at least 1 hour with pressure attached (Not more than 24 Hours)
- Step 7: Slowly lower pressure to 5PSI while releasing the pressure release valve on top of keg
- Step 8: Attach Black beer fitting to the out side of the keg and enjoy a frothy glass of beer!
Our Cornelius Kegging Guide is also available in PDF format.
Check out our Complete Homebrew Kegging System or customize your own:
Complete Homebrew Kegging System includes:
- Four (4) or Five (5) LB CO2 Tank (New)
- Dual Gauge Regulator
- Gas (Gray) Ball Disconnect
- Beer (Black) Ball Disconnect
- Plastic Cobra Head Faucet w/ Line and 1/4” fitting
- Six Feet of Thick Wall Gas Line
- 5 Gallon Cornelius Keg (Used)