Nugget Hop Rhizomes
Selected from a cross between Brewery, new to the US industry. Minty bittering and good "green hop" aromas. Nugget can be used as a bittering hop. It has pleasant, mild, herbal aromas.
Suggested Beer Styles - Nugget Pellet Hops are used in all Non-Pilsner Lagers, Wheat.
Aroma: Mild, pleasant, herbal aromas.
Origin - USA
- Alpha Acid 13.5 - 16%
- Beta Acid 4.4 - 5.5%
- Co-humulone 22 - 26%
- Total Oil 1 - 3 mL/100g
- B-Pinene 0.4 - 0.8% of total oil
- Myrcene 40 - 50% of total oil
- Linalool 0.8 - 1% of total oil
- Caryophyllene 9 - 11% of total oil
- Farnesene < 1.0% of total oil
- Humulene 18 - 22% of total oil
- Geraniol 0.1 - 0.1% of total oil
Nugget Hop Rhizomes are harvested in the spring and are typically available for shipment April thru June. Orders begin shipping as soon as we receive our stock.
Alpha Acid : 12-14% High yielding, vigorous, disease resistant.
Hops are hardy in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 3 through 8.
How To Plant Hop Plants:
- Choose the location in which you want to plant your hops. The area you choose will need to get at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight every day and have good drainage.
- Twine for the hops to grow on. (A bine is a climbing plant that climbs by its shoots. It is distinct from a vine, which climbs using tendrils or suckers.)
- Vertical space. The bines may stretch 25 feet or longer into the air. Possible ways to grow your hops are on a tall trellis near your house, or a tall pole using hop twine.
- Planted hops will grow well on an 18-foot trellis and can grow vigorously when limited to 12 - 15 feet of a trellis.
- Prepare soil to be loose and free from large clumps. Remove any debris, such as stones and weeds. Remove all weeds near the root to prevent the weeds from returning. Fertilize the soil with bone meal or blood meal and make sure the soil is loose and worked at a depth of 12 inches or more.
- Create a mound of soil for each rhizome that you will be planting, about 3 feet apart so they have plenty of room to grow.
- If you plan to grow more than one variety of hops, plant the mixed varieties at least 5 feet apart.
- Dig a 4-inch hole in each mound and lay the rhizome into the hole horizontally, with the root side down.
- Loosely pack the soil down over the plant and cover with straw or mulch to prevent weed growth. Keep the soil consistently moist until the vines begin to sprout.
Rhizomes are only available for order in the USA and ship Via USPS. Please check to make sure your State does not have any local restrictions.
- Rhizomes will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- We cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order. Rhizomes are not available for international shipping.
- WA, OR and ID residents please check local restrictions.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI or AK.
- Due to government restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes internationally.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.