Dead Ringer® is an homage to a benchmark of the American IPA style that's brewed in Michigan.
Dead Ringer® is a larger-than-life American IPA beer kit with a hop aroma so thick you can almost see it. American base malt and crystal malt create the big body and supporting grainy sweetness, while charge after charge of 100% Centennial hops deliver pronounced bitterness with a dominant citrus aroma and flavor. In the glass you get a pale amber color, hop intensity and malt density - substance with the soul of a session beer. This IPA recipe kit has been a customer favorite for a decade.
- Style: American IPA
- Fermentation Range: 65-70°F
- Original Gravity: 1.064
- SRM: 9.5
- IBU: 70
- ABV: 6.2%
- Aroma: Moderate malt aroma consisting of fresh bread and medium sweet caramel. Medium-high hop presence of citrus and floral notes.
- Appearance: Orange hue with a bright white persistent foam cap. Slightly cloudy from dry hopping.
- Flavor: Rich maltiness with a moderate caramel flavor. Medium-high bitterness with citrus, floral and slightly earthy notes.
- Mouthfeel: Medium body with moderate creaminess and medium carbonation leaving a smooth finish.
Looking for the Extract Version?
Notes from Brad, Head Brewer:
"Dead Ringer is our way of paying tribute to one of the most iconic IPAs in America. In the upper Midwest (and many other parts of the country), this beer is a mainstay of aficionados. A simple malt bill and hearty doses of Centennial creates magic with only 2 malts and 1 hop variety. The resulting product is awash in hop aroma, while not overpowering the malt component. Aromas of citrus fruits and floral notes dominate, while the rich malt character in the background offers a perfectly balanced pint.
This recipe does come with a relatively high gravity, so be sure to pitch enough yeast to ensure fermentation health. One pack of Omega or Imperial should do the trick, but to be sure, a yeast starter or multiple packs of yeast is recommended. Try to keep the temperature in the lower range of recommendations (65°F is perfect!) to ensure that your batch has the cleanest possible flavor without producing too many esters. When finished and carbonated, share with another and there will be two hearts with ample joy!"
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.