ANVIL Foundry™ Key Features:
- Recirculating Pump Kit included
- Switchable Between 120V 1600W, 13A and 240V 2800W, 12A for Faster Heating & Better Boils.
- New 240V/120V Adapter Cable - With this adapter you navigate to 240V for a faster brew day, or brew at the standard electric 120V by simply flipping the switch located on the back of the unit.The only all-in-one on that’s 240/120v
- New Water Deflecting Screen - The improved screen mount feature has an added gasket with internal water deflecting geometry on the inside to ensure water doesn’t reach the screen.
- Grain Basket Hosts 1.5” of Side Wall Perforations - They aren’t just back, they are improved! The grain basket’s side wall perforations drastically reduce the amount of stuck mashes from happening.
- Large Capacity Increases Efficiency and Grain Capacity.
- Double Wall Insulation Maintains Mash Temps and Increases Heating Speeds.
- Ultra-Low Watt Density, Triple Element Heaters - Won't Scorch.
- Linear Digital Power Control and Solid-State Switching for Fine-Tuning your Boil.
- Turbo 500 Distillation Ready- refer to the manual for more info.
- Includes High Capacity Stainless Immersion Chiller with Hoses & Fittings.
- External Pump Won't Plug and is Easy to Clean. No Need to Disassemble Entire Unit! Use for Other Pumping Needs too.
This is shipped directly from the manufacturer. Please allow for processing time and ground shipping. It can only ship to physical addresses within the contiguous 48 states. A signature for delivery is required.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
The Anvil Foundry was the perfect solution for me because I was ready to upgrade or replace most of my equipment at the time of purchase. The build quality is superb and the engineering was clearly designed for simplicity and ease of use. I've only used the system once so far, but I have no major complaints. I did miss my efficiency on my first brew by quite a bit, but I assume this will improve as I become more familiar with the equipment.
Iíve use the system twice now, and Iím liking it. Background : Home brewing 25 years now, lots of kits, lots of partial mash, worked with fresh hops, grew my own hops for a while and used them in brewing. Limited all grain brewing experience, but some. I bought from AiH because of my previous purchases, and their helpfulness along the way. I peppered them with questions before hand and as usual they were a big help. The Anvil ships from the mfgr. and the process was- maybe a week? Unpacking was fine, the unit was in expected, new condition, but I was missing the recirculation pump and the eyebolt for the top perforated disk and nuts didnít match. I was able to use the foundry anyway for a partial mash brew. I got the pump and replacement parts pretty quickly. Used the unit for an all grain batch and noticed my 2nd brew went a little more smoothly. The timer delay for firing up the heat is a real time and effort saver. I brewed on 110v and did see some time spent heating up, but as compared to a propane burner? I didnít do a side by side comparison, but yeah, it was a little longer to go from 170 to boiling. I was checking the temp with my thermometer during the mash and found the Anvil was within a degree of my thermometer. Mashing went pretty smoothly for me, the recirculation pump worked well. About the only thing I can knock is that Iíve ready many tales of woe cautioning about not allowing too much flow, and I wasnít able to really slow the flow down to a level I thought was right, but no stuck mash so maybe it was fine after all. 170-212F was a bit on the long side, again using 110v, but not horrible. I was surprised how quickly the chiller got temps to low 100ís, and only a few minutes longer to get to pitch temps. Cleanup was easier than I had expected. The kettle itself is a bit of a chore but doesnít take long. Maybe 30 minutes or so to have things ready for putting away. Instructions are pretty good with the unit, could be a bit bigger font, but definitely enough to get you going. All in all Iím satisfied with the unit performance and Iíd buy it again knowing what I know now.
I ordered 1/29. Website states it would ship mid February. I received today 2/12. It's the new version with the display up top. I cleaned and inspected it. No issues very well made. If there is 1 concern it's that with the display up on the system, that the cords would get hot as they are between the outer and inner layer of steel. I'm not going to worry about it though. Like I said very well made. I made sure that everything was put together and tested. It works as advertised. On 120v I was able to get from 65 degrees to 114 degrees in 30 minutes. Once it got past 100 degrees, the temperature started to ride higher. Overall I'm extremely happy with the purchase and can't wait for my next brew day!
The grain basket was dented from shipping. The flow clamp treads poorly threaded won't clamp down.