Centennial Cryo Hops (Pellet) 1 ounce
Bred in 1974 and released by Washington State University in 1990, Centennial is an aroma-type cultivar that has found favor as one of the most popular varieties in craft brewing. It is often referred to as a super-Cascade (containing nearly double the alpha content) and can be used for bittering purposes. Centennial is a diploid cross between Brewer's Gold and a USDA male.
Aroma Profile: Floral, Lemon, Orange Blossom
Alpha Acid: 15 - 19%
Beta Acid: 6 - 8%
Total Oil: 3 - 5 ml/100g
Co-Humulone: 23 - 27%
B-Pinene: 0.8 - 1.2% of total oil
Myrcene: 55 - 65% of total oil
Linalool: 0.4 - 0.8% of total oil
Caryophyllene: 3 - 7% of total oil
Farnesene: 0.1 - 1% of total oil
Humulene: 8 - 12% of total oil
Geranoil: 0.8 - 1.5% of total oil
CRYO HOPS is a great choice for the hop-forward brewer. This new pellet is created using the advanced cryogenic process to separate the lupulin and bract from whole leaf hops, leaving you with a concentrated lupulin gland hop pellet. These pellets contain twice the amount of resin, allowing you to do more with the less physical matter being added to your wort. It is not recommended to use CRYO Hops for bittering due to the boil diminishing the intense aroma notes.
What are Cryo Hops?
- Hop cones are frozen with liquid nitrogen, then the lupulin glands are separated from the now nearly completely debittered leaf, or low alpha bract.
- The glands that make up Cryo Hops are the concentrated bittering and oil containing a portion of the hops.
- They are extremely high alpha acid, but using them just for bittering is kind of a waste.
- The benefit of Cryo Hops is the intense aroma and flavor they bring to your beer, without the vegetative material that traditional hop cones and pellets contain.
- Cryo Hops suck up less of your precious beer and doesn’t give you the astringency you can get from a traditional cone or pellet hops.
- If you love to brew NEIPA, this is the hop product for you. Because of the heavy load of late hops in the style, many people find them to be astringent. Cryo Hops eliminates that issue.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.