- We finally did! The false bottom assembly is entirely of Stainless steel components.
- This is the perfect False Bottom for the 5 Gallon Igloo Cooler.
- The patented design contributes better to efficiency and a clear sparge.
- This false bottom comes with the appropriate assembly to install seamlessly into an IglooCooler.
- The compression fitting design incorporates a stainless steel tube which “hard plumbs” the False Bottom in place.
- Ball Valve barb is 3/8"
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
For all those that may be questioning if this will work in the Home Depot cooler, which is just a branded Rubbermaid cooler, the answer is yes. I just put this in my HD 5 gallon cooler and have no leaks. The filtration is great as well. The wort came out very clear.
Product received promptly, very pleased with quality. Everything fit perfect, no leaks, And no wasted wort. Easy clean up too.
I have been using the stainless braided hose mod in my 5 gallon igloo for awhile, did the first batch today and this made the batch super easy. Construction and materials are great. I'm looking forward to making more batches with this!
10 batches done with this hardware, efficiency, flow rates, and quality of all the hardware are excellent. No leaks, no grain thru the false bottom, zero stuck sparges. Dead space acceptable. Moved from a rectangular MT to round with this setup and it's made a huge difference in my OG. Couldn't be more pleased.
In deciding to start using a proper mash tun for my 2gal all grain brewing I was looking for a false bottom for my newly purchased 3gal igloo cooler and had high hopes for this. Sadly it did not work. I placed a call to AIH and confirmed there wasn't much I could do. Alas I went and found a 5gal cooler for $10 cheaper than the 3gal one so I swapped them out and all is well! False bottom works prefectly, easily installed and no leaks to be found!